I passed a small quilting shop in a little shopping center on my way to who knows where about 5 years ago. I made it a point to stop in on my way back through. Looked around, talked to the owner, and signed up for my very first quilting class. This wall hanging was actually my second quilting project ever, but it is the first one that was completed. All of the fabrics have stars on them. The darkest fabric might look blue. It is actually purple. The green fabric has purple stars with a yellow or a cream center. I made the wall hanger out of a dowel, wooden stars that were painted gold, and twine since I couldn't find anything at the stores around here to hang it with.
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Beginner's Quilt Class
I passed a small quilting shop in a little shopping center on my way to who knows where about 5 years ago. I made it a point to stop in on my way back through. Looked around, talked to the owner, and signed up for my very first quilting class. This wall hanging was actually my second quilting project ever, but it is the first one that was completed. All of the fabrics have stars on them. The darkest fabric might look blue. It is actually purple. The green fabric has purple stars with a yellow or a cream center. I made the wall hanger out of a dowel, wooden stars that were painted gold, and twine since I couldn't find anything at the stores around here to hang it with.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is a WOW Laurie. Your first completed project. It is lovely. I can see that it is really purple blue. It is a lot better than my first. Clever how you displayed it. I hung a wall hanging like that with curtain ends on it.
ReplyDelete