The picture on the left is up our driveway. The tree on the left in that same picture is a white dogwood. One of the upper branches broke because of the ice storm. I was out and about the day that it started to rain. I went to a LQS, paid some bills, and got few groceries. It wasn't slick then. By the time that I was headed home the roads had gotten to be slicker than snot. I managed to get up one steep hill that they close when the roads get bad. Took a short cut and was stopped a couple of times by people who told me that I wouldn't be able to get through. Lucky me that the sand truck happened to be in front of me and was sanding the hill. After a few more minutes I managed to get home. I always park alongside the road. My car would make it down that hill, but it would never make it back up the hill. Anyway, after I made it home I had to make a couple of trips up and down the hill. Walking on a hillside on ice is no fun. Luckily, I never fell that day even though I it got pretty hairy, carry taking groceries down to the house. The pic on the right is of a cedar tree in our front yard. Poor thing has been through a lot. The ice just bent the top of it right over. It is still bent a little bit even now. When we first moved in our house my S.O. was wondering who in the world had cut our tree. Then he remembered that he and his family had come out here several years ago and cut down a Christmas tree. LOL!!!!


You have taken wonderful pictures Laurie. To me who hasn't seen snow it looks beautiful but I imagine it would be slippery and wet. Perhaps you could have let the groceries slide down the hill.lol How about that....the same tree cut down years ago.....by yourselves. lol
ReplyDelete