
One man's junk is another man's, er, woman's treasure. Do you like my homemade trellis? It originally came from an outdoor gazebo. I got it for free from someone after a tree had fallen on it. The four corner posts were still good and I thought that they would make good trellis'.
See the trees on both sides of the trellis. The one on the left is a Sumac tree and the one on the right is a Sassafras tree. Took them both out. I don't care for the Sumac trees and I didn't want the roots of the Sassafras tree interfering with our waterline. Have you ever smelled a Sassafras tree? They are so fragrant especially when you cut a branch. There is one another one that has been cut down, but it will be allowed to grow back. The plan is to keep it short like a bonsai, otherwise, the light company will send someone along to butcher it anyway.
I like the trellis....a lot. Very cool in its setting. It will look awesome with morning glory all over it. Everything looks wonderful.
ReplyDeleteI have come back again Laurie to have another look at your trellis. Have to think of something for one of my climbers but no spare metal like that lying around.
ReplyDelete