Look at the cute quilt that I have started working on. This quilt is raw appliqued. Hooray for Steam a Seam Lite! It looked like a fun quilt when I saw it at a local quilt shop. This something that I take with me when I go to another local quilt shop at a Sit and Sew. I have all the parts traced out on the SSL. One of the little piggies is all cut out. I may have to retrace a couple of the little parts again and leave a little extra fabric around it until I get it all pressed down on the background fabric. The parts are way too small. LOL!!!
Here is another quilt that I found just for my grandson. It is going to be fun to do too. Not sure when I will start that one. Still have other quilts to finish....like the CW quilt that has been taking forever for me to do. LOL!!!
I'm in the process of working on this afghan for a girl that I used to work with. She just had a little girl. The star shell shows up better if you use the different colors like the pattern suggests. I have a king sized one that I started on several years ago. It's been over 7 years that I know of and to think that I just thought of taking it apart and redoing it. My stitches on that afghan were a little bit loose. It's because I tend to crochet a loose stitch. My king sized one is about a third of the way done. It is composed of all of the the yarns that I have from past projects and then some....kind of like a scrappy quilt. LOL!!! The little girls afghan is nearing its completion. I used a lot smaller hook than what was required. The stitches are tighter. The afghan is being done in a multi colored baby yarn. It still looks pretty even though all of the rows are the same color. I'll post a picture when I am finished with it.
It's time for spring cleaning and working out in the yard. The master bedroom and bath are done. Tomorrow it will be the front room and the kitchen. Next week it will be the laundry room and the computer room. Then it will be time to clean the windows. Ceiling fans are dusted, carpets are cleaned around the edges with the vaccum hose, and the house is sprayed for bugs. No, I don't care to use the spray, but I don't want to put down boric acid with a cat running around the house. I can handle the ants, millipedes, and spiders as long as they play nice. It's the roaches and centipedes that I don't like being on the loose.
I cleaned out the flower beds a couple of weeks ago. The smaller beds were cleaned and mulched. The upper bed was rearranged and some other flowers and plants were added. I planted some bulbs and plants in a couple of beds by the mailbox and added another small bed. Planted some grass in it that will get tall. I'll get some pics of it as soon as I can.
Sadia, I will post something on the Dresden Plate that is being appliqued. I am having to take some of the backing off for it to work. This was after talking to a friend of mine who teaches quilting. I can't think offhand what kind of applique you call it. I'll be sure to get back to you on that when I post the pics of the DP.
BTW- I do read all of the comments even if I don't reply to them. I will try and do better in the future.
I have two more afghans to make for a couple more girls at work. Those patterns will be more simpler to do not that the above one isn't. I count the stitches and recount them so that I don't make too many mistakes. Ha! I like working with yarn just as well as I do working with fabric. It's the sense of accomplishing something by hand that makes me do happy dances.
It's time for the local quilt show. It's April 8, 9 at the Benton County fairgrounds. I'll be going and try to take a few pics to post.
April 23 is going to be a fun day for me. I normally work on Saturday. I took the day off for this. The calendar is marked and I'm raring to go. Shhhhh!!!! Don't tell the old man, but I have about $200 Bunny Bucks to spend! Teehee! Can't wait to see if I can find some goodies that will be wanting to hop into a bag and come home with me.
Oh Laurie I love those quilts for the children. They are so bright, cheery, colourful and fun. Your Grandson will love his. I have saved the images and would love to make those in the future. I can imagine all the little bright pieces you must have had or have floating around. So much fun.
ReplyDeleteI crocheted afghans for my children too when they were little. I was so proud of them and myself. Still have them to pass on.
I have started painting inside the house after leaving everything standing still for a year and one half. It sure does make everything look better. One of my sons is helping. So far it is all green and yellow. I also regrouted the shower. You did good getting all that cleaning up done. I certainly have gone off the housework routine. lol
Love Shirley
Shirley, I do hope Abel likes his quilt when he finally gets it. I'll go through my stash first for the fabric. I bought lots of polka dotted and flowered fabrics for the pig quilt. There was another quilt that had trains on it. I resisted getting it. Teehee!
ReplyDeleteGlad you have your children's afghans to pass on. My daughter still has hers, but my sons was stolen or lost at his grannys. grrrrr!
You can come and help me paint my house when you are done with yours. LOL!!!! Ours won't get painted until we have the money to replace the carpet. I'll have to settle for painting the bathroom and hallway for now. :~)