Saturday, August 31, 2013

Update on My Desk....



My desk after two coats of stain. 
The drawers after being sanded, stained, and then sanded again.
One of the new knobs.



I used a Minwax wood stain.  It's a base coat that has color added to it.  The color is called Antique Jade.  Clean up is easy since this is a water based stain.  I keep a box of latex-free gloves on hand for projects like this.  The gloves are good for when you are making your favorite jalapeno poppers too.

I needed to get a few things in town today.  Decided to go ahead and get new knobs while I was out and about.  The knobs are antique nickel.

The drawers are done except for a few touch ups.   I need to put another coat or two on the desk.  Not sure if I like the color or not.  I'm not going to put a top coat on this one like I normally do just in case I want to do something different.  We'll see......


No comments:

Post a Comment