I love Mexican food and he loves Italian food. We both like chicken enchiladas. Most chicken enchiladas use a green chili sauce or a sour cream sauce. I prefer the red sauce.
Here's my version of chicken enchiladas. It's semi homemade due to the fact that most of the time I don't have time to boil or bake the chicken.
You'll need:
1 roasted chicken skinned and deboned
20-24 corn tortillas
2 c+ grated cheese
1 can cheddar cheese soup
1 can enchilada sauce(large)
1 can chopped green chilies
cooking oil for softening the tortillas
Milk
I used a garlic chicken for this recipe and homemade enchilada sauce. I'll post a recipe for the enchilada sauce when I get the recipe tweaked a little bit more.
Preheat the oven on 350º
Combine the chicken, 2 cups grated cheese, cheddar cheese soup, and the green chilies together in a bowl. Add enough milk to thin the soup a little bit. You don't want it too thin.
Spread some enchilada sauce in the bottom of a 9×13 pan.
Heat up some oil in a pan. Put one tortilla at a time in the oil. Cook it on both sides. Don't cook it too long or it will get crispy.
Put about 2T of the chicken mixture on one side of the tortilla and roll it up. This recipe makes about 20 enchiladas. I put plain cheese in the remaining 4 tortillas. Spread the remaining sauce across the top of the enchiladas. Sprinkle cheese across the top.
Bake in the oven until the the cheese is melted. It's about 20 minutes. I don't time it so this is an approximate time.
This will make 2-9×13 pans of enchiladas.
Enjoy!
I'll add a picture when I can get on my laptop. This tablet won't let me add one.
No comments:
Post a Comment