
This my first time at doing this blog thing so please bear with me. You'll just never know what I might post....
I figured that I would share a computer trick that the monster in the picture to the left showed me one night. Some of us have those Quilt Inspectors that think they are helping us. LOL!!! Mine likes to lay right smack dab in front of me when I am typing on this keyboard. There is absolutely no room for him to lie comfortably there so part of him will at times get on the keyboard.
My honey is the "super computer geek" so he says and he didn't even know this one. I've had very little training on the computer. Some of it I have learned on my own. Or as in this case, the cat, er, rather the Quilt Inspector, made me do it.
This will only work if you have a mouse that has the three buttons on it. I don't know if there is another way to get it to work. Hold down the control key and then click the center scroll button on your mouse once. Now make your scroll button on your mouse go up and down while you are still holding the control key down. It will make whatever you are looking at get larger or get smaller. Remember up is large and down is small. The more you scroll up the larger it will get. The more you scroll down the smaller it will get. In that case, you might have to put your reading glasses on to see the fine print.
Now, to get the window back down to the size that you want, hold the control button down and click the scroll button once and then scroll up or scroll down with it until you are comfortable with what you are viewing.
Sometime it makes viewing those pictures of the quilts better and sometimes it makes them blurrier. It just depends.
Happy Quilting.
Wow! You know how to start off your first blog post with a blast.....cute picture, a touch of quilting and a computer tip.
ReplyDeleteAhhhh yes...that's what they all say. "the Quilt Inspector, made me do it."......mmmmmmm
Will puss be taking consults????
Congratulations on your first post Laurie. Yahhh..I get to be the first commenter and follower. My pleasure. I like it! I know nothing about computers and really really appreciate that tip: Now I can see what I am reading and looking at.
All the best for many many more posts.
Shirley
Thanks!!! :~) ....blushing....
ReplyDelete