Monday, June 1, 2009

Well, this is it....



Today is the first of June and it is time to start on the CW BOM sort of....sampler quilt. A group of ladies on the About.com quilting forum are getting together via the internet. Each one is going to make their own CW sampler quilt.

I have one set of 1/4 yard fabrics ready and another set in the wash. The tough decision is deciding which set of fabrics do I want to use first. I think that I will start with the green and orange fabrics first even though I like the brown and pink fabrics. It's a tough world out there!

Some of you might not know this but sometimes it is cheaper to buy a 1/4 yard of fabric than it is to buy a FQ(fat quarter). Just do the math. Look at the price it costs for a yard of fabric and divide it by 4. Say your fabric is $8.50/yd. It would be $2.13/quarter yd. Most of the FQ's sell at $2.50/FQ.

A lady who owns a LQS told me this. Imagine that!!!

Happy Quilting :~)

2 comments:

  1. Lovely fabrics. Should get a photo of mine today. I really really wanted to use pink but the red and blue muscled in instead. I like the orange and green for the Jacob's ladder. I know! I get all 1/4 yards now. No more fat quarters and you have so much more fabric. The pattern takes up a surprisingly small amount of fabric so you will have heaps for other blocks.
    Very yummy. Sadia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Your red and blue fabrics are going to look really nice too.

    ReplyDelete