Wednesday, June 3, 2009

UFO's? WIP?


The first thing I thought of when I saw the abbreviations UFO and WIP on a quilt forum was unidentified flying objects and work. Being a newbie I had to do a search and see if I could find something that would help me to learn the terminology associated with quilting.

I quickly learned that UFO actually meant unfinished object and WIP meant work in progress. Work? Quilting work? Quilting isn't supposed to be work. Quilting is supposed to be fun!!! It's fun searching for a block or a pattern to make or even creating one of your own. It's fun looking for the perfect fabric and mixing and matching them together.

It's not too fun cutting up the fabric, but it sure is fun sewing it back together whether by machine or by HP(hand piecing) and creating something beautiful. ;~)

Happy Quilting :~)

2 comments:

  1. Now that's interesting. I like that green and maroon mix: different. Is that what is called rail fence? I like collecting the fabric and I like having a quilt at the end of it all but I'm not quite convinced that I like anything in between. lol Maybe I'm a fabriholic and not a quiltaholic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I'll have to ask my friend what the name of the pattern is called. Sadia, it sounds like you are a fabricoholic. That's not a bad thing is it? LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete