This quilt was painted and pieced together somewhere around 19 years ago. I had just learned how to paint on fabric. A picture was traced on tracing paper and then ironed on to the fabric. The paints that were used were Cameo paints. They were like fat markers with roller balls. The paint company is still around and the paints are now in bottles. You don't have to use some kind of solvent to spread the paint around. At that time I didn't know how to quilt so the quilt sat on the back burner. Life got in the way. I started learning to quilt around 4-5 years ago. I'm not a die hard quilter yet, but the time is still young. One day I will figure out how I want to quilt this quilt without distorting the animal figures. It will probably be handquilted so that the critters aren't disturbed. LOL!!!
Sunday, June 21, 2009
My Very First UFO!!!
This quilt was painted and pieced together somewhere around 19 years ago. I had just learned how to paint on fabric. A picture was traced on tracing paper and then ironed on to the fabric. The paints that were used were Cameo paints. They were like fat markers with roller balls. The paint company is still around and the paints are now in bottles. You don't have to use some kind of solvent to spread the paint around. At that time I didn't know how to quilt so the quilt sat on the back burner. Life got in the way. I started learning to quilt around 4-5 years ago. I'm not a die hard quilter yet, but the time is still young. One day I will figure out how I want to quilt this quilt without distorting the animal figures. It will probably be handquilted so that the critters aren't disturbed. LOL!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh WOW Laurie they are amazing. So clever. It certainly doesn't look old.
ReplyDelete