.....on the yard work, housework, and anything else that needs to get done around here. Got three of my flowerbeds cleaned out yesterday and did some dishes in the mean time. The top flowerbed has two different varieties of Spiderwort in it. I found some purple clover on the far side of our property. You know.....the kind that if you are lucky you just might find a four leaved one. I'll get out tomorrow and transplant some of it in the top bed with the Spiderwort, plus start cleaning out the other three beds and around the various bushes in the yard.
I have a good start of a Lilac bush that my DB helped me dig up from his place. We tried to get on of a Forsythia bush, but was unable to get a good root system from the mother bush. Someone had planted theirs in a tire and there was no way to get it. I'll let this one stay for the summer and see if what it looks like this fall. It may be toast for all I know. We'll see.....
Right now, I am just waiting on the laundry to get done so that I can get ready for another day at the deli. It's kind of nice not having to be at work until later in the day. A person is able to get things done outside that they would normally have to wait until their day off.....and to think that I used to hate this shift because you couldn't go and hang out with your friends. Oh the peace and quiet of living in the country. We have neighbors who live right around us, but it isn't as noisy as it would be if you lived in town.
Guess I'd better get in there and fold the towels. My honey is bringing home a nice juicy hamburger loaded with jalepenos from Sonic. Don't you just love it when people talk about food and make you hungrier than you already are????
hahahha yes that is making me hungry. You are doing well Laurie with your yard work. I was reading how good clover is for your garden beds and lawns. How much better everything grows with it as a companion plant. I have been spreading red clover seeds everywhere. lol I hope your lilac bush lasts...they are beautiful. Dont give up on it too early. Sometimes they look had it but still come through. Could you take some branches or cuttings from the forsythia and put them in potting mix. They could take ok. Arent you a good girl getting the washing done. I put the covers on my raised beds today. The frost is coming.
ReplyDeleteHappy gardening. Sadia