I haven't been totally out of the loop. I actually got the Lost Ship Block finished tonight at work. See how I spend my lunch some of the time!
Sometimes I read... All it takes is a little bit here and a little bit there to accomplish big things....like sorting through my DS's old toys. We needed room in the shed so that we could move around. We cleared out all of the boxes of toys and some glassware that I had in there a week ago Friday. It took me until this last Friday to sort and go through all of the boxes. Not that there were that many boxes. I kept some of the toys so that my two year old grandson could have something to play with when he is here. The rest will probably be donated to the goodwill store after my DS goes through it. If he goes through it.
I also had time to cut out some blades for a Dresden Plate. Took six FQ's with me to work. Just enough to get a start on it. It will surely be interesting trying my hand at applique. :~) A friend of mine, who teaches quilting classes, showed me her way of doing applique. She recycles her used dryer sheets for the interfacing. It's recycled. It's lightweight. It doesn't appear to have a lot of bulk. That part I won't know for sure until I do my first blade. It should be interesting.
Tried my hand at applique a little while back. Was making a flower block. Can't of the name offhand. Anywho, I forgot to clip the edges of the petals before I turned them the right way. Put that project on the back burner for now. Gotta remember to do that this time. LOL!!!
LOL Laurie, I can see you struggling with the edges: been there and done that....wondering why they aren't going under easily. Which technique are you trying?
ReplyDeleteLove your new background and set up. Very individual.
LOVE LOVE LOVE your Lost Ship block. Those batiks look so good. True...one bit at a time and it eventually all gets done. I have done the next Da Chintzy clue but am making my daughter a bikini outfit of a too short one piece.
I'm still pulling out...I mean sort of cutting the grass between the rows of potatoes in the lawn. If I had the guinea pig run before I set it up I would have made the gaps between the rows wider. Then again, I wouldnt want to have risked them eating potatoe leaves.
Bundy and Suess are so cute. Thanks for the comments.
Put corn and rockmelon seeds in today. Thats the planting for a while. Now to see if anything comes up. lol We keep having some cool nights...which is nice for the humans but not so promising for germination.