to this.....
It took about a month to stain, sand, and build the shelves and the desk. Most of this was done on my days off. In the end, I started doing some staining before I went to work. Can you tell that I wanted to get done??? There is still a little bit more touch up work to do. I've got some cork board tiles that are going to be used for tacking up messages and posting pictures. They are going to be attached to the back wall. BTW...it's not all books that you see in the picture.
I took and packed up a lot of my knick knacks quite awhile back. Most of them will be put on the top shelves of the shelves. Some of them will be taken to one of the local thrift stores for resale. Most of the time we donate clothing, etc...to Helping Hands. Helping Hands is a church ran thrift store that benefits those in need. They used to help you with food and some of your utilities and rent. Not sure what all they help you with anymore. Had to use them once a long, long time ago, so, I have no problems in giving them donations for resale.
We've also taken things to the Salvation Army and another thrift store. The latter store benefits the local women's shelter. Found me a couple of snowmen there. I like snowmen. They had some arts and crafts things there. Found some fabric pieces for real cheap. Didn't buy any as I don't need anything but backings for now.
WOW what an awesome end result. You and your Darling did real good. You can come and do my lounge room for me now. lol
ReplyDeleteWhat a big job you took on. Of course I LOVE the purple. I have a tin of just that colour waiting to be used. We all need some colour in our lives. And...the desk was made too. How clever are you guys. I want to be clever like you when I grow up!