Thursday, October 13, 2011

From this....

 
....to this




My dad bought the above dresser for my sister and I around the time Mom passed away.  I was 9 and my late sister was 11.  Dad was big into unfinished furniture.  It was cheap and all he had to do was varnish it.  I had the fun of stripping, sanding, staining, and applying 4 coats of polyurethane to the dresser.  I bought new knobs instead of refinishing the old ones.  I like these so much better.  It's a little bit dressier.  =)

I think that I found the color that I want to paint my little sewing room when I can afford to convert the front porch.  


It came upon me when I was putting up something in my closet.  I saw this pillow that was purchased for our 2005 bus trip to Seattle and then I remembered a picture that my online friend, Cyndy, had pinned.  Not sure if I'll go this bright on the walls, but it will be close....

No comments:

Post a Comment