Huh? What? A fabric dresser??? Not exactly....
I inherited an old dresser that used to be mine and my late sister's when we were young. Dad was using it for different odds and ends after us kids left the house. Tools, parts, you name it. It is going to be my old/new fabric dresser. It will hold most of my quilting fabric. Thus, the name fabric dresser.
Our late father was into unfinished furniture. He bought this unfinished pine dresser and varnished it. He also bought each of us kids a toy chest and a desk. I'm the only one who still has mine. My desk is still the lime green that he spray painted it way back when. That will be a future project.
We went and got it from my SO's parent's garage today. We really don't have the room for this, but I am going to make room in the kitchen for now.
I took the knobs off and stripped the varnish off of it today. I used a paint/varnish remover that we got at the hardware store. Don't strip anything while being barefoot even if you are like me and don't care for shoes. I got some of that stuff on the top of my foot and boy did it burn. It didn't drop it on my foot, but my foot came in contact with an old shirt that had some on it. =( As with most all chemical burns, run it under cool water for several minutes.
I'll sand and stain this later in the morning when I get up for the day. The color of the stain is going to be a surprise. Those of you who know me know I like color.
Oh Laurie, I love it. I had one that was half that size but don't have it anymore and boy do I wish I did. They hold SO much. It will be perfect for your fabrics. I sanded the kitchen cupboards the other day and finished staining them yesterday. They look good but I havent taken a photo yet. Be sure to post your dresser when it is finished.
ReplyDeleteSo happy to hear that you were able to get your cupboards finished. That is a project in itself. I'll keep looking for your photos. Yes, I will post a pic when my dresser is finished.
ReplyDelete