I jumped on the scales this morning. 173....a total of 4 pounds lost. Not bad for just three days of trying to eat better. I did jump off the wagon the last too days. =(
Still trying to get myself in the habit of eating breakfast. Hoping they don't schedule me to work until 8 or later at work. It's not good to eat after 8 o'clock at night. Have a bad habit of eating and then going to sleep or falling asleep. Not good!!!
Thinking about eating the heavier meal for lunch and the lighter meal for supper. Meatball sub and celery for lunch. Change that to carrots instead of celery. I'll save the celery for a snack. Peanut butter with that makes a good snack. =) Romaine, baby spinach, and chicken salad along with spaghetti squash for supper.
The other day I came up with a way to eat brussel sprouts. It is so much better than when we the way we fixed it growing up....we used to boil it and just add salt. It had a bitter taste to it. YUCK!!!!
I chopped a medium onion and one garlic, heated up some olive oil in a pan, and sauteed them until they were soft. I cut up the frozen sprouts while the onions and garlic were sauteing. Then I too out half of the onion/garlic mixture and set it aside. Added the sprouts. Cooked them until they were heated throughout. Added sea salt, cracked pepper, and Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy seasoning blend. The spicy stuff gave the brussel sprouts a little bit of a kick. I'll definitely fix this again. It is so much better than what we ate as kids!
The rest of the onion/garlic mixture was saved for the spaghetti squash that I had baked. Yum!!!
It is so much fun finding new recipes or creating your own. It breaks the humdrum of eating the same old boring foods.....Don't get me wrong....I love veggies. It's just that they need something different added to them or they need cooked differently so that you don't get tired of them....
Now it's off to eating an apple for breakfast. Gotta get around so that I can go to town.
Have a wonderful day wherever you are!!!
Good for you Laurie. My downfall is bread. I love bread. I will just have to not put much on it. Trying to eat more fruit. It is certainly better for my gums. Fruit is expensive here but am trying to buy a good amount when the gluts are on. Your stir fry sounds very tasty.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Shirley. It's going to be a tough road. I like food. We don't eat much bread. It goes to waste before it gets ate up.
ReplyDelete