Thursday, January 5, 2012

Whoweee!!!

I don't know about you, but I am so glad that the holidays are over.  I work in retail and it gets pretty hectic around the holidays.  Now it's back down to business as usual.  =)

I'm currently working on an afghan for my granddaughter who will be born sometime in March.  I can't wait for her to arrive.  I do love seeing the little girls all dressed up.  They are so cute.

I'll post a picture and comments when I get the afghan completed.  For now you can go to the Bernat website and look up Star Blanket #754.

My plans for tomorrow are to work all day on the baby quilt that I started for a friend of mine at work.  Well almost all day.  I've been avoiding it for way too long.  Pictures will follow....

As for my diet, well that's another story.  I went off the wagon around the holidays.  Only gained two pounds.  That's pretty good for me.  My plans are to get back on track tomorrow.

I saw something somewhere that if you cut out carbohydrates for two days a week it will help you lose weight.  That stands to reason because if you cut back the amount of carbs eat for even a day you will lose weight.

I tried counting points like Weight Watchers does, but that is just too much work for me.  I'm not that dedicated.  Not into watching the calories either.  Tried the diet where you ate nothing but protein and veggies as long as it wasn't a starch or a yellow veggie.  You also drank a cup of grapefruit juice with each meal.  Love grapefruits and the juice, but that was a bit much for me.

We used to eat cooked oatmeal or cereal(not the kind that has all the sugar in it) for breakfast when we were kids.  We had lunch at school and for dinner it was usually chicken, a veggie, and potatoes.  Us kids were active and we hardly ate junk food or drank pop.  Dad never kept that stuff in the house.  He did keep ice cream though.  We usually only got that twice a week.  Once in awhile he would split a bottle of pop or a candy bar with us too.  We were pretty healthy too.

Did you know that all of the fresh foods are on the outer perimeter of the grocery stores?   You need not go in the inner aisles.  That's where all of the processed foods are.  Granted there are processed foods in the outer perimeter too....there is also frozen veggies and fruits in the inner aisles too.  I like fresh or frozen veggies.  The canned stuff is just over processed and usually has way too much salt or other things added to it.  Yuck!!!

Thanks, to my friend from the land down under and the encouragement that she gives, I just might succeed in changing my eating lifestyle.  I'm hoping that I can be of some encouragement to her too.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment