Sunday, December 18, 2011

Day 5

Well, I've lost another pound since yesterday. I won't bore you with a list of what I ate.  Let's just say that some of it wasn't exactly good for you.  I'll try better today.  =)  Tonight we are going to make spaghetti.  Notice, I said we.  He is going to make the main course and I will be cooking the large pot of spinach to go with it.  I will also be chopping the mushrooms to be added to the sauce.  I forgot the canned ones that he likes, but I happened to have some fresh ones in the fridge.  =)  My plate will be filled mostly with my favorite salad, romaine and baby spinach along with cooked spinach.

Changing over to eating mostly unprocessed foods is hard especially when you are used to eating a certain way for 20+years.....here is a link to why you don't want to keep yoyo dieting and why you would want to lose the weight gradually and not all at once.  According to the site, even losing just a few pounds in a year can cause you gallstones.

http://womenshealth.about.com/cs/gallbladder/a/dietinggallston_2.htm

I'm not here to preach to you about how to eat nor am I here to force my opinion on you.  This is just a way for me to keep a journal of my progress.....

One of the toughest things for me to do is drinking more water.  Don't get me wrong.  I like water.  Not all bottled water is good for you.  Do the research.

I have a Brita pitcher with the filter in it.  I don't live in town, but we are on city water.  The filter makes it taste so much better.

Anyway, onto a different topic....

Here are some pics of the fabric for baby quilt that I am going to get started on as soon as I get off this computer.  LOL!!!!




Love the fish fabric.  I'll be adding a piece of it to my grandson's eye spy quilt......

Happy Quilting....

2 comments:

  1. Loving the colours for the new quilt. Yep, I agree with you about the yo yo dieting and changing old habits. I am attempting a change in drinking and eating habits. Giving up most of my tea drinking will be hard but I have discovered putting herbs or a touch of lemon juice in my water makes it palatable. As for the food I am trying to stear clear of sugars and snacks and go non processed. Fortunatnely it is that time of the year in AUS so am getting plenty of home grown lettuce, cucumbcer,tomatoes etc. Love spinach. All the best with your new diet, Laurie. I will try along with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go, Shirley!!!! I don't see where you would have to give up drinking tea unless you have to for your health. Sugar is so hard to give up. It's so addicting....If you find some of your veggies in the garden missing, you know that I've been there to raid it. LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete