Monday, March 26, 2012

A Star For a Little Princess

This is the afghan that I made for my granddaughter.  It was a fun little afghan to make.  I found the pattern at one of the yarn companies that posts free patterns online.

I did change the hook that it called for to a smaller one so that the stitches wouldn't look too loose.  Unfortunately, I crochet on the loose side....had to end up making the afghan a little bigger than the pattern called for too.  That was to compensate for the smaller hook and the fact that I wanted it to bigger than the pattern called for.

I made an afghan for each of my kids when they were born and now I am making afghans for my grandchildren as they come along.  I have learned to quilt since then.  Now the grands are getting a quilt along with their afghan.  When I get this one finished, it will be time to make my grandson a big boys quilt.  I have an idea for an eye spy quilt.  It will be different.....

No comments:

Post a Comment