Monday, April 2, 2012

I Found a New Use For an Old TV Tray....

I bought two of these Ninja Turtle trays back when the turtles came out.  One for each of the kids.  This one was my daughter's.  My son thought his was something to sit on.  It ended up in the trash....


I got this crazy idea yesterday evening to get the tray out from the drawer on the stove and put it to use.  It's been over a year since I sat down and worked on this batik quilt.  The petals that you see here are for a Dresden Plate.  It is part of a UFO that I needed to work on and get off my list. LOL!!!

I'm using reverse applique for the curved part of the the petal out of recycled dryer sheets.  They work great!  It saves me from having to buy any stablilizer. 

Now for a little bit of playing on the internet and a little bit of handpiecing before I hit the sack.

No comments:

Post a Comment