I don't add salt to my soup as neither one of us really like a lot of salt in our food. I add a wee bit when I go to chow down.....He doesn't add anything. There is salt in the V-8 and the canned vegetables that are used in this recipe.
You might want to make this in a large pot depending on how much soup you want to make and or whether you like leftovers or not.
Soup Base
1-1/2 lbs. hamburger
1 small or medium onion chopped
5-6 garlic cloves chopped(I like garlic)
1 bottle of V-8 or spicy V-8
1 can of Rotel or tomatoes if you don't like spicy
salt
pepper
garlic powder optional
macaroni optional
Brown hamburger, onion, and garlic in the pot you are going to be making the soup in. Drain it. Put back in the pot and add the rest of the ingredients plus whatever veggies you choose. Bring it to a boil and then turn it down on medium low. Cook it until the veggies are cooked to your liking. I mostly use fresh or frozen vegetables in my soup. The canned ones are too over processed for me.
Here is a list of the veggies I add to my soup and the approximate amount:
1 c frozen peas
1 c frozen corn
1 c frozen carrots or some freshly sliced carrots
1 c green beans
1 can pinto beans drained
1 can kidney beans drained
The variation of veggies you can use are endless. I can't vary too much on mine or I hear this voice in the background grumbling. LOL!!! Seriously, he likes my soup the way it is.
We like macaroni in ours. I put somewhere around 1 cup of macaroni to the soup when I add the veggies. I also add 4 cups of beef broth to the soup to give it a little more liquid for the macaroni to cook in. The amount of macaroni in this recipe is a bit much because this is soup the first day and goulash from there on.....you could probably omit the beef broth and macaroni or put a lot less mac in the soup.
Tweak this recipe and add whatever spices or veggies the way you like. All I can say is Bon Appetit and enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment