Friday, February 7, 2014

This Year is Going To Be a Good Year!!!

I got a head start on spring cleaning.  The front room and bathroom are finished.  The kitchen is finished except for a few things.  I'm working on my share of the computer room.  That's almost done too.  And then there is the rest of the house albeit the windows.  That will have to wait until warmer weather.

I'm experimenting in the kitchen.  Trying to come up with different things to eat.  So far, the S.O. likes a couple of the things that I've come up with.  Going to have to revamp the stuffed zucchini.  The crockpot chicken turned out ok.  Going to try roasting it the next time instead.

Trying to eat better.  My downfall is chocolates and peppermint mocha cappuccino in my coffee.  That's the least of it.  I did resist the temptation to buy some chips to munch on today.  =)  I did find a recipe the other day where you can microwave popcorn in brown paper bags.  So much better than the microwave popcorn from the store.  Look up butter lung.....now to see if I pinned the recipe.  =)

I started this post yesterday.  The computer room wasn't finished then.  I finished cleaning my share of the computer room today.  Going to go and get a start on our bedroom after I finish this post.

I'm currently working on an afghan for Ray's step-dad.  Hope I can get it done before another birthday rolls by.  I'll post a picture when I get around to taking one of the progress that I've made so far.  The afghan has been torn apart twice.  I didn't like how it was looking the first time.  The second time it was just too wide.  It's supposed to be for when he is sitting in his recliner not sleeping in bed.

I'm hoping to get back to doing some quilting after I get all of the spring cleaning finished.  I was quilting on the kitchen table, but moved all of my stuff to the desk that we built a few years ago.  I'll have to straighten that up first.

Can't wait for warmer weather to come around so that I can work out in the yard.  It needs attention badly!!!  There is one area that I saw some bugs flying around when we had some warm weather last fall.  They looked yellow in the evening sunlight.  I sure hope there is not a nest of yellow jackets there.  I won't be able to get rid of them until next winter. 

We have a few projects that I want to get done this summer.  Ray is going to help me build a cat house for the three girls and the boy.  We want to make it multilevel and put a back on it for easy access so that we can clean the straw out of it. 

I have an antique suitcase that was my dad's.  The inside is in good condition.  The outside of it is showing lots of wear.  I've been wanting to either decoupage it with old postcards or attach some fabric to it with spray glue or some other way. 

Happy quilting, gardening or whatever it is you enjoy doing!!!







2 comments:

  1. Great idea with the suitcase!..I was thinking of doing that same thing to my '56 Pfaff machine case...it's in sad shape really...it needs to be prettied up...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds think alike! Lol!!! It will be interesting to see what each of of us comes up with.

      Delete