Sunday, July 5, 2009
I'm So Excited!!!
I completed my first quilt tonight. Yahoo!!! It is all pieced by hand except for where the binding strips are sewn together. I sewed those by machine. I even hand sewed all of the binding on front and back. That was not the funnest thing to do. I may end up sewing the front of the binding on by machine the next time. I tied the quilt instead of quilting it. I'm not brave enough to tackle the job of quilting by hand yet. My stitches are too squirrelly to try it for now.
I started hp this quilt last year the night before my first grandchild was due to be born. The doc induced labor late that night and Abel was born early the next morning. This quilt is from a pattern called "Afternoon Delight" that I was given by Cliff from Sager Creek Quilts. It is made up of 5" charm blocks that I cut out myself.
This quilt was going to stay at grandma's house for when the grandchildren came to stay. Then my DD and her husband decided to move away from here. The quilt that I originally was making for Abel has been giving me fits on the quilting machine. That is a total different story for another day.
I haven't named this one yet. For the like of me I don't know why I haven't come up with a name yet. All of the other ones that are in process have a name already. My honey says to call it The Burp Master 5,000. Ha! Ha! There is no telling what he will come up with next. Guess I better get working on thinking up names because my DGS will be here in less than 10 days. Yaaaayyyyyy!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



It is so bright and cheerful Laurie. What a wonderful feeling it is to get that first finished. lol The Burp Master 5,000 ...I like it. Yaahhhhh your grandson is coming.
ReplyDelete