Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Pozole

This is my version of Pozole. It is a Mexican soup or stew. I like it any time of the year. I usually find a pork meat that looks halfway decent and doesn't have a lot of fat on it. I also look for one that has a label that says that there are no additives, hormones or any of that stuff. When I cook I normally don't follow a recipe unless it is bread, cake or something like that so this recipe won't have any exact measurements.

1-2 packages pork stew meat
1 lg can white hominy
1 med. onion chopped
2 cans chopped green chili
2 cartons organic chicken broth
cumin
red chili
salt
minced garlic or garlic powder optional

In a large soup pan brown the pork. Add the onions, garlic powder, and salt when you brown the meat. After the pork is brown add the chicken broth, green chili, cumin, and red chili. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to medium low heating until all of the ingredients are thoroughly heated.

Note***I didn't give any measurements for the seasonings since we like ours on the spicier side and I never really measure how much is put in there any way. So, just season the pozole to your taste. Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment